Budgeting Blog: Family budgeting for a more secure future

How can I make a simple budget for my family?

In this blog by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, you will be introduced to many core ideas about budgeting, and provided with a Budget Worksheet. Budgeting helps families set and reach financial goals. By figuring out the amount of money you have available to save and invest using a budget, your family can set aside money each month for goals like retirement and paying for your family’s shorter term education, health, and bonding experience expenses. Consider creating a budget as a family!

“I often consider how far I would be in life if only someone would have shared financial nuggets with me as I was growing up. If I knew then what I know now. I have had my share of financial pits that I dug for myself that, in some cases, I am still climbing out of. That’s why I believe it is vital to share financial guidance, tips and pointers to kids, teenagers and young adults…”

Dr. Evelyn Tolliver in her book, “The Parent’s Guide to Money: Lessons Our Parents Never Taught Us”

Please share:

You may also like...

Coming soon - new website look!

Beginning on Friday 1/13/23, you will notice a new look and format for our website! All of the same resources will still be available, just organized slightly differently. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience that this causes. We will do our best to make sure the transition to the new format goes as smoothly as possible. Note: The website will be down for 1 or more hours on Friday morning.

Please share: