Sample Family Request Letter for Special Education Evaluation from a School

Families can send letters or emails to their child’s teacher or principal to request a special education evaluation. Here is a sample letter you can use.

Dear (Teacher and Principal’s names),

I would like to request a comprehensive special education evaluation for my child ________________ who is in _____ grade at __________________school.

I would like a full evaluation for my child for learning disabilities and all suspected areas (including auditory processing, executive function, OT, speech, language and reading disability). I request a meeting to discuss the evaluation request and to sign the consent for the evaluation. I also request a meeting to review the evaluation results and to ask questions prior to the evaluation team meeting.

If I do not hear from you in three business days, I will call to set up a time to sign the consent form.

I understand the school system has 60 days to complete testing and hold a meeting to discuss eligibility. I look forward to meeting with you on this date.

Sincerely,

(your name)

(date)

(your contact information)

Please share:

You may also like...

Coming soon - new website look!

Beginning on Friday 1/13/23, you will notice a new look and format for our website! All of the same resources will still be available, just organized slightly differently. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience that this causes. We will do our best to make sure the transition to the new format goes as smoothly as possible. Note: The website will be down for 1 or more hours on Friday morning.

Please share: