Ways to Support Your Child’s Mental Health and Well-being in Partnership with their School

Here are 5 research-based tips for supporting your child’s mental health and well-being in partnership with their school. This 1 page document is available to download below. We also share stories and quotes below from Ohio families, about the daily ways they support their child and partner with their school to ensure they are able to learn and grow.

Family Stories and Quotes

Experience family and school routines and traditions together.

“We share our weekly goals with each other on Sundays as a family.”

– Ohio Parent

Continue to build good relationships at home.

“I am teaching my kids self-praise. If no one is there to do it for them, they can say, “Hey self, you did a great job!””

– Ohio Parent

Support behaviors that build success and well-being.

“At bedtime, I set up 5-10 minutes time with my kids. Not reading or homework time. Just a simple positive prayer for the day. Then giving thanks to those who helped them during the day. We say sorry to anyone who they hurt – we ask forgiveness. Or we say sorry to anyone who hurt them. We wish them a good sleep. We put positive thoughts inside of them. That’s my personal experience. My little one reminds me now, “Is it time to say prayer?”

– Ohio Parent

Please share:

You may also like...

Coming soon - new website look!

Beginning on Friday 1/13/23, you will notice a new look and format for our website! All of the same resources will still be available, just organized slightly differently. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience that this causes. We will do our best to make sure the transition to the new format goes as smoothly as possible. Note: The website will be down for 1 or more hours on Friday morning.

Please share: